Please upgrade your browser.
330 W. Washington Ave.
Las Vegas, NV 89106
Room Number: Rm. 112
Building Number: Accessible from C Street & Jefferson
Do you have a favorite building in the Vegas Valley that no one knows about?
Join us for a crowdsourced photography project!
And all you need is your phone. No camera required.
Uncommon Las Vegas is multi-phase project that focuses on documenting and analyzing modern buildings throughout the Las Vegas Valley. The goal is to locate and identify a large number of these buildings, which are often hiding right in plain sight. Las Vegas has an abundance of lesser-known modern buildings that many people in our community love, even if they are not well-known throughout the valley.
That’s why we are asking for your help!
Uncommon Las Vegas is your chance to explore the buildings closest to you and discover some of the overlooked resources that live in your community. Beginning in September and running through the end of October, we’ll be collecting photos, addresses, and short descriptions via Instagram, Facebook and email, documenting the various modern resources that you come to identify.
Register for either the August 26 or 28 session to find out more about this exciting project! Both meetings will provide information on how to identify modern resources and where to focus your efforts. All the information you need to participate will be provided at these meetings so please do try and attend. There are no special skills or equipment needed, just a love for old buildings and a camera that takes digital photos (phones are great!)
If you are not able to attend either of these meetings but would like to participate, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will coordinate with you separately.
- Photo collection will be open September 1 - October 31, 2017.
- Two informational meetings will be held a week before the photo collection begins.
- Information Session 1 is Saturday August 26, 11:00am - 12:00pm
- Information Session 2 is Monday August 28, 6:30pm - 7:30pm
- All information for the photo collection process will be provided in these meetings.
NPF will be sponsoring an Instagram Photo Contest* during the photo collection period as well. Prizes will be given for the following three categories:
- Maximum Effort Award (for the person who submits the most photos)
- Uncommon Champion Award (for the submission that is deemed the most uncommon find)
- Adverse Encounter Award (for the building that was captured despite obvious, adverse challenges)
*Please note that only photos submitted through Instagram will be eligible for the photo contest. Don't have an Instagram account? We can help you set one up at the Information Sessions!
|Powered by NeonCRM|