Please upgrade your browser.
SOLD OUT! - The Photography of Architecture: Julius Shulman's Amazing Legacy
330 W. Washington Avenue
Las Vegas, NV 89106
Julius Shulman's photography of Midcentury architecture has stunned and inspired many. Join us for a viewing of Visual Acoustics: The Modernism of Julius Shulman by director Eric Brecker. This free event will provide a chance to rest, relax, and meet others who also appreciate Midcentury architecture and photography. There will be a short discussion following the film.
Afterward, you can peruse an exhibit of images from throughout the twenty plus year long career of Las Vegas based photographer Jeff Green. Jeff’s work focuses on architecture and design from the past, most notably from the 1950’s through the late 1970's. Some of the homes and buildings featured in the exhibit are still in use and lovingly cared for today, and some have been left abandoned. Many of them have interesting stories attached from their past owners. Jeff set out to visually capture the beauty inherent in these quickly disappearing structures and create lasting portraits of classic architecture from a timeless era of architecture and design that still very much influences what is done today. In a rapidly changing world of constant new development and progress, architecture from the mid century era is alive and well in some cases. Architecture plays a big role own our lives whether we are fully conscious of it or not. The places that we have lived and spent time in throughout our lives are burned into our memories. "Shooting these images was a side project of mine throughout my career as a commercial and editorial photographer, although some of the shots were done for assignments. I enjoyed photographing and experiencing these places and meeting all the great people along the way."
- This event is free and open to all ages, but all attendees must register
- If you bring children, please be mindful that this is a quiet movie meant to provide viewers with a chance to absorb and reflect on an amazing body of work
ADDITIONAL EVENT INFORMATION
- This event will take place rain or shine.
- Parking is located behind the Historic Westside School, on the North end of the building, and is accessed via C Street.
- For any accessibility-related questions and/or needs please call us at 855-968-3973 x 702 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to accommodate our guests.
|Powered by NeonCRM|