Please upgrade your browser.
A Hugh Taylor (Virtual) Meet-and-Greet
330 W. Washington Avenue
Las Vegas, NV 89106
United States of America
Room Number: Suite 112
Nevada Preservation has been the steward of the Hugh Taylor Archive since 2014 and every year our executive director has given a talk on Hugh, his work, and our progress on documenting his archive. This year, join our new architectural historian, Mariana Ruiz, for a talk on the final phases of bringing Hugh's life and work to the public. You'll preview the new website with public access to the archive along with interactive exhibits, 3D walkthroughs of select Desert Inn Estate homes (demolished in 2001), and you can even listen to Hugh's oral history in his own words. This talk is the culmination of five years of work on the part of Nevada Preservation to document this almost forgotten mid-century architecture master.
We would like to thank the Las Vegas Centennial Commission for their support of the Hugh Taylor Archive. If you live in Nevada, purchase the Las Vegas Centennial license plate for all of your cars and know that these funds support historic preservation in the City of Las Vegas.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- All Home + History events take place rain or shine! Please check the weather for appropriate dress.
- AGE RESTRICTIONS:
- Registrants must be at least 14 years of age
- Minors must purchase a ticket, and must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- For any accessibility-related questions and/or needs please call us at 855-968-3973 x705 or email us at Rosie@nevadapreservation.org. We will do our best to accommodate our guests.
- The Historic Westside School is wheelchair accessible.
- In the event of cancellation, the last day to receive a full refund is March 15, 2020.
- Parking is located behind the Historic Westside School. The lot entrance is located on the north side of the campus and is accessed just south of the intersection of Jefferson and C Streets.
|NeonCRM by Neon One|